Abdominal pain is a common problem in children. This lecture will help you approach a child with abdominal pain from a surgical point of view, and discuss different common cases with this presentation and how to deal with them.
By the end of the session, learners will be able to:
- Realize the anatomical structures
- Recognize the different types of pain
- Demonstrate how to take a good history and physical examination for a child with acute abdominal pain
- Apply Judicious use of ancillary investigations
- Identify how to manage a child with acute abdominal pain