Clinical Documentation Improvement Program (CDIP) aims to promote a clear and complete documentation of the patient’s diagnosis, problems, treatment and progress in the clinical (or medical) record. The primary benefit of Clinical Documentation Improvement Program (CDIP) is to support quality patient care. It ensures that all clinical staff caring for patients in present or future episodes of hospitalization have access to the records they need to optimally care for the patient. The patient record needs to be accurate, complete and understandable in order to ensure continuity of care between providers, which in turn is essential for providing high quality and safe patient care.
CDI Program is a five-day course designed to provide strategies that can be implemented immediately to improve clinical documentation and facilitate a smooth implementation of the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and MBS in Saudi Arabia.
By the end of the CDI Program, attendees will be able to:
1. Identify a CDI perspective on ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS Coding Standards that affect hospital reimbursement and quality metrics
2. Recognize the top Ten diagnoses and health interventions in need of additional specificity and acuity in the medical record, across all specialties
3. Discuss scenarios/case Studies for educating physicians on the basics of case mix, AR-DRGs, billing, reimbursement and the value of complete documentation on organizational and professional profiling
4. Illustrate activity Based Funding/Management (ABF/M) methodology and the impact of specific and accurate documentation on hospital reimbursement
5. Highlight government initiatives pertaining to healthcare financing, purchasing and new funding models.
6. Recognize standards mandated in Saudi Arabia for CDI/Coding compliance (MOH/PHAP/CCHI/NPHIES) and Patient Safety Guidelines.
7. Discuss CDI/Coding benchmarking and compliance initiatives and professional ethics
8- Start a new healthcare professional career path in CDI
An online interactive course for 5 days, Learners will get a Protected version of the PowerPoint presentation.