Developed and tailored for Saudi Arabia's transition to the ICD-10-AM 10th Edition, this 7 Days training program is offered to ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ ACS clinical coders, especially those who have recently graduated from the SCFHSHealth Academy and other experienced coders. Ministry of Health Clusters, providers, payers and academic institutions are preparing for the transition to ICD-10-AM 10th Edition. Be part of the Change!
The program provides an understanding of the transition journey from the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 6th edition to the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 10th edition. The program is designed to showcase how hospitals should be prepared for the ICD-10-AM transition journey, delivered by experienced and certified Saudi Health Information Management and Coding Trainers who have been through the ICD-10-AM (10th Edition) transition and implementation! The Saudi Health Council Minimum Datasets published in January 2020 mandated providers and payers to start using ICD-10-AM 10th edition by January 2020.
The program is composed of 20 hour training sessions delivered virtually with daily quizzes and activities over 7 Days covering classifications changes from ICD-10-AM 6th edition (2008) up to ICD 10 AM 10th Edition (2017 Australia -2021 KSA).
- Highlights on the MOH/CCoE Disseminated Standards and rules
- Showcase ICD-10-AM 10th Edition implementation (HIS updates)
- Lessons learnt from ICD-10-AM 10th Edition implementation
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS), amendments, deletions & additions for specific specialties
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI) update
The course exact date will be announced soon.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1- Identify the essential changes (ICD-10-AM/ACHI) from 6th edition to 10th edition.
2. Apply the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 10 th Edition coding standards approved in Saudi Arabia.
3- Practice the classification of diagnoses, procedures, interventions and other health problems from
narrative, to alphanumeric (ICD-10-AM)/numeric (ACHI) codes.
4. Support Hospitals adoption of Activity Based Management (ABM) / Activity Based
Funding (ABF) / AR-DRGs based on accurate ICD-10-AM/ACHI codes assignments.
5. Recognize the essential changes (ICD-10-AM/ACHI) from 6th edition to 10th edition.
This concise 20-hour transition program delivered over 7 Sessions covers topics in which there has been significant changes within the classification from ICD-10-AM 6th edition (2008) up to and including ICD 10 AM 10th Edition