Workplace conflict is inevitable and unavoidable especially in healthcare. Unmanaged or unresolved conflicts frequently become very detrimental to teams, organizations, and may even reach the patient. Conflicts impact the productivity, safety, and quality of care when not addressed. On the other hand, with proper and skillful approach, conflicts can be transformed into an opportunity. Join this course to build your capacity in competent and evidence-based conflict management.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Identify types of conflict and common sources of conflict in the workplace
2. Identify the difference between task conflicts, resource conflicts, and personality conflicts
3. Identify the stages of conflict
4. Describe five approaches to managing conflict.
5. Recognize the CRIP model applied to conflict management
6. Discover your own personal conflict management style using self assessment
7. Identify communication techniques useful for conflict de-escalation
8. Practice conflict resolution approach through a case study
This training course will comprise the following training methods:
Lecture power point presentation
Case and Video Vignette
Test your knowledge questions