Excellence in patient experience is considered the new normal in healthcare. Why? Because of the proven impact patient experience has on long-term patient well-being and health status, as well on the healthcare system as a whole. Enhanced return on investment, and better clinical outcomes are confirmed to build the case for patient experience. This course is designed to provide healthcare services organizations and point of care professionals a foundational and easy-to-use learning content that supports and enhances building a culture of excellence for an outstanding patient experience.
1. Define what patient experience is and why it matters to healthcare organizations and providers
2. Identify the drivers of patient experience.
3. Discuss proven strategies that improves patient experience in the practice setting.
4. Recognize the basis for empathic, compassionate, patient centered communication as the standards in healthcare today.
5. Describe leadership approaches that are patient centered and drive excellence in patient experience.