In collaboration with Virtual Medical Academy, Integra, and ACDIS, we are pleased to announce a comprehensive bundle titled "Clinical Documentation Improvement and ACDIS CDI Apprenticeship" This bundle is designed to provide healthcare practitioners with an intensive journey into the clinical documentation profession. The bundle is divided into two parts:
Part 1: Live Interactive Sessions - Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI):
The goal is to enhance the clarity and completeness of patient documentation in medical records, covering diagnoses, problems, treatments, and progress. The primary advantage of the Clinical Documentation Improvement Program (CDIP) is its support for quality patient care. It ensures accessibility of comprehensive patient records for all clinical staff involved in the patient's care, now and in future hospitalizations. This not only aids in optimal patient care but is crucial for continuity between providers, a key factor in delivering high-quality and safe patient care. The CDI Program is a five-day course aimed at offering immediate, implementable strategies to enhance clinical documentation. It also facilitates the smooth adoption of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and AR-DRGs in Saudi Arabia.
Part 2: Recorded Self-Paced Course - Pathway to the CCDS Credential:
The Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) proudly introduces a new certificate program for individuals aspiring to enter the clinical documentation field.
The ACDIS CDI Apprenticeship is a comprehensive certificate program combining essential CDI education with a review of core compliance and ethical principles. Upon passing the final exam, candidates are awarded a certificate in CDI foundational training and may designate themselves as ACDIS-Approved CDI Apprentices.
By the end of the CDI Program, attendees will be able to:
Recognize how to accurately document key patient information and specify top diagnoses and interventions in medical records to improve patient care quality.
Recognize standards mandated in Saudi Arabia for CDI/Coding compliance (MOH/PHAP/CCHI/NPHIES) and Patient Safety Guidelines.
Clarify the CDI perspective on ICD-10-AM, ACHI, and ACS Coding Standards, and Saudi Billing System (SBS2.0) standards that affect hospital reimbursement and quality metrics.
Discuss the Scenarios/Case Studies for educating physicians on the basics of case mix, AR-DRGs, billing, reimbursement, and the value of complete documentation on organizational and professional profiling.
Recognize successful CDI infrastructure models and build their own CDI team and program.
Part 1: (Online interactive) - Mr. Hussain Albishi
- An online interactive course for 5 days [2 hours per day].
- Learners will get a Protected version of the PowerPoint presentation.
- Learners should attend the course live and interact with the speaker
- The recording will be available for 21 days
Part 2: (Recorded - Self paced)
- The training includes five modules devoted to key concepts and responsibilities of CDI specialists, four modules devoted to clinical conditions that every CDI specialist must master, and one module devoted to core ACDIS guidelines, including the ACDIS Code of Ethics and the AHIMA/ACDIS Guide to Compliant Query Practice.
- Each module is followed by a quiz on that module’s topics. Only after successfully passing all 10 modules does an individual receive the certificate stating they have demonstrated knowledge of foundational CDI education.
- The recording will be available for 60 days
(You can choose when you want access to the recorded library for 60 days during 2024. Access will be provided through the ACDIS website.)