Clinical skills assessment is an integral part of any clinical training program either under or post-graduate program. There is a great need to train faculty members, trainers in residency programs, and clinicians at different levels, on different strategies of WPBA. The training on these strategies should be proceeded by an introduction to clinical skills assessment and the importance of combining both formative and summative assessment. The role of giving constructive feedback is also an important area of improvement in any clinical skills training program.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Identify the different types of clinical skill assessment
2. Describe essential items to conduct an effective formative assessment.
3. Described the educational principles that underpin workplace-based assessment (WPBA).
4. Discussed key issues in the implementation of WPBA.
5. Compared types of assessment in common use in clinical skills training programs
6. Explored ways to use WPBAs as developmental opportunities and to aid constructive feedback.
1. Short lecture for the theoretical part.
2. Hand on training on using different WPBA assessment strategies.
3. Hand on training on giving constructive feedback and write reflective journal