Just started your clinical training in medical school? And you want to show yourself and shine between your colleagues?
Just started your internship? And you don't have to be embarrassed when the consultant asks you a question?
Just started your internal medicine residency and you want to revise a few topics?
Well, you came to the right place, here in this series Dr. Nahid Sherbini will present the most important and basic topic in internal medicine, that will be helpful to any medical student, intern, or even a resident.
This package will contain a few lectures every Saturday that Dr. Nahid will present, and it sure will help you along the way in your medical journey.
The participants should have an understanding of the following topics, commensurate with their level of training. Participants will be required to evaluate the following categories of problems/diagnoses in new or established patients:
- Cardiovascular Disease (e.g., hypertension, coronary artery disease, arrhythmia, heart failure)
- Renal Disease (e.g., acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, and Renal Stones)
- Gastrointestinal Disease (for example: abdominal pain, gastritis, reflux, bleeding)
- Cerebrovascular Disease (e.g., stroke, seizure, headache)
- Endocrinology (e.g., diabetes, thyroid disease, dyslipidemia, obesity)
- Infectious Disease (e.g., hospital-acquired infections, cellulitis, pneumonia, UTI, HIV/AIDS)
- Hematology/Oncology (e.g., common malignancies, anemia, and thrombosis)
- Musculoskeletal Disease (e.g., back pain, osteoarthritis, autoimmune diseases)
- Pulmonary Disease (e.g., COPD, asthma, interstitial lung disease)
- More topics will be covered in this series
Don't wait, join us now and start learning!"
By the completion of this series of lectures, Candidates will reflect the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to practice Internal Medicine and be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to conduct a focused medical history and targeted physical examination appropriate to the patient’s chief complaint(s) and the history of the present illness(es) in internal medicine
2. Choose principles of evidence-based medicine in making diagnostic and management decisions in internal medicine
3. Demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate clinical principles in the management and selection of drugs to treat common internal medicine problems.
4. Demonstrate the ability to create a research question and critical appraisal of the medical literature in making diagnostic and management decisions in internal medicine
5. Diagnostic modalities interpretation mainly Basics in Laboratory and Radiology (Chest X-Ray detailed Interpretation)
6. Stress Management Strategies to overcome the stress among healthcare workers
7. Case Oriented Approaches Using the patient’s history, physical exam, laboratory, and imaging results to construct appropriate differential diagnoses
8. Demonstrate the ability to diagnose and construct a treatment plan for common illness in internal medicine (Board Review Oriented Approaches)
Lectures will be conducted on a weekly basis.
Series of Lectures:
1. Internal Medicine Basic Assessment - Clinical Examination
2. Evidence-Based Medicine Basics
3. EBM and Critical Appraisal
4. Internal Medicine Cases 1 (Cardiovascular Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases)
5. Internal Medicine Cases 2 (Gastroenterology Diseases, Hematology Diseases)
6. Internal Medicine Cases 3 (Endocrinology Common Diseases and Neurology)
7. Internal Medicine Cases 4 (Infectious Diseases and COVID 19)
8. Laboratory Tests Interpretations
9. Chest Radiology Interpretations
10. Stress Management Among Health care workers
11. Bronchial Asthma Updates
12. Interstitial Lung Disease for non-Pulmonologists
Enrolling in this package allows you to access the 12 lectures series at a reduced price compared to purchasing the individual session price.
29 Jan 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
05 Feb 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
12 Feb 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
19 Feb 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
26 Feb 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
05 Mar 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
12 Mar 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
19 Mar 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM
26 Mar 202204:00 PM to 06:00 PM