Infection prevention and control practices are important in maintaining a safe and healthy hospital environment for patients, healthcare providers, and visitors. This Conference will provide a unique forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience in Infection Prevention & Control practices and updates. Also, it will highlight important updates and challenges on emerging/re-emerging infectious diseases like COVID-19 and Monkeypox.
The conference content is designed to be practical, focused, and relevant to all healthcare providers. Distinctive speakers have been chosen to present at the conference. The scientific content of the conference is provided via lectures, workshops, and open discussions in an advanced platform of virtual training and education.
By the end of the conference, learners will be able to:
- Identify the important aspects in preparing for the CIC exam
- Acquire knowledge and skills in antimicrobial stewardship.
- Appraise clinical research in infection control
- Develop an approach to outbreak investigation
- Recognize the challenges that were faced during pandemics in Gulf countries and share the experience to prevent future pandemics.
- Recognize the infection control risk assessment tool and its implementation
- Describe the role of infection control in construction and renovation
- Recognize the effect and impact of COVID-19 on HAI and antimicrobial resistance rate
- Recognize the new updates in molecular diagnostics in microbiology
- Enlighten practitioners on the important role of infection control in hospitals, to create a safe environment of care
- Review updates about antimicrobial resistance and what to do about it
Theme 1: Emerging Infections
Theme 2: Updates in Infection Control
Theme 3: Environment
Theme 4: Surveillance
Theme 5: Diagnostic & Molecular Tools
Theme 6: Antimicrobial Resistance