The pandemic acted as an accelerator for fast adoption of telehealth in care delivery. In 2020 at the pandemic peak, telehealth use recorded a record high with an estimated 80% growth rate. Post pandemic, telehealth is expected to keep growing 30% annually. Telehealth is going to be part of the ‘future of work’ in health in many forms and shapes. Agile healthcare organizations will require proper implementation, integration, and training strategies to ensue care delivered via telehealth programs is safe, empathic, and comparable to the in-person experience. Telehealth is becoming an integral part of the future of work in clinical settings. Providers will need to demonstrate specific competence in optimization, ensuring patient safety, and excellence in patient experience using telehealth. This course will offer a unique learning opportunity about the latest telehealth adoption strategies and methods and ways to elevate the human experience when using these modalities in care delivery. By using the latest standards and evidenced based recommendations on the topic [Four P's of Telehealth framework (planning, preparing, providing, and performance evaluation)] , this course will build the healthcare care practitioners’ knowledge and know –how in implementing telehealth excellence at the point of care.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
1. Discuss Telehealth current state across the care continuum
2. Recognize the competency elements needed for excellence delivery of care via telehealth.
3. Illustrate essential behaviors for successfully practicing telepresence.
4. Identify ways for evaluating efficiency of telehealth programs.
5. Identify emerging risks/ethical considerations related to care via Telehealth