The Virtual Medical Academy in collaboration with the Integrated Care for Surgical Obesity is pleased to announce the upcoming Program entitled "Obesity Surgery Care Program".
The number of obesity surgeries in the MENA and Gulf areas is increasing. After surgery, all patients need lifelong Care. This Care should be provided by an integrated team, i.e. nutritionists, physicians, psychiatrists, physical therapy doctors, endocrinologists, and surgeons. It is challenging for the patient to move from one clinic to another because of financial issues. So, in Gulf and MENA regions, Care is usually given to obese Patients by their surgeon or, family doctor, or nutritionist. These doctors do not have all the knowledge needed for post-obesity surgery care. This program is designed to offer broad exposure to obesity care. The goal of the program is to support and guide healthcare practitioners in acquiring the knowledge and clinical acumen required to provide outstanding and efficient Care to obese patients before and after surgery.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to
- Recognize the different causes of obesity and its relation to different disease
- Explain different aspects related to nutrition and diet planning pre and post-bariatric surgery
- Identify the behavioral approaches to obesity management
- Discuss the integrated multidisciplinary care approach that has a fundamental role in the management of obesity and its complications.
- Recognize how to select the suitable surgical procedure for each patient
- Identify the essential details of different obesity surgeries and their complications
- Summarize how to help the patient to change his lifestyle and prevent weight regain
✅ 41 live online lectures / 2 days per week (Monday, Thursday) / 2 hours each lecture from 7:00 - 9:00 PM
✅ Two practical days that will be broadcasted live from the National Research Institute) - 8 hours per day.
✅ Integrated course: Surgery, Nutrition, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Sports Medicine, Social Media Influencing, and Complementary Medicine.
✅ More than 25 expertise
✅ National Research Centre (NRC).
✅ World obesity federation (SCOPE).
✅ Arab Society of Therapeutic Nutrition and Complementary Medicine (ASTN-CM)
Different Price By Specialty