This lecture will highlight the importance of case reports in the field of health science. The aim of the lecture is to provide a comprehensive guide on how to write a case report from bedside to publication. In this lecture you will define case reports and the difference between case report and case series as well as different types of case reports
It will also discuss:
Steps to Writing a Case Report
Components of a Case Report
Tips for Writing a Good Case Report
Submitting a Case Report for Publication
Choosing the right journal
At the end of the lecture, we will have a Q&A Session, which will provide an opportunity for students to ask questions and clarify any doubts.
Upon completion of the lecture the learners will be able to:
1. Define a case report
2. State the importance of case reports in the field of health science.
3. Apply the process of writing a case report, from identifying an interesting case to publishing it.
4. List the different components of a case report
5. Illustrate how to write the different case report components effectively.
6. Recall tips for writing a good case report, including how to choose the right case, write a clear and concise report, and follow ethical guidelines.
7. Manage submitting their case reports for publication, including how to choose the right journal and deal with reviewers' comments.