Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a major cause of death and disability globally and is considered a serious public health problem. Also, treatment of TBI and especially acute TBI is still a major unmet medical need. This course is intended for mental health providers especially nurses who are interested in gaining competency in working with individuals who have sustained a TBI and aiming to provide a holistic care for them.
1. Identify Anatomy & Physiology of Neurological System.
2. Clarify Nursing Assessment of Neurological System.
3. Clarify Vented & Sedated Patient's Assessment.
4. Discuss Sedation scores.
5. Memorize Complications resulted from pain and anxiety.
6. Recognize Common Sedations used in ICU.
7. Recall Most Common Muscle Paralysis Medications.
8. Explain the Use of Train of Four (TOF) and Bi Index (BIS) in ICU.
9. Discuss Common Neurological Disease.
10. Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The course is comprised of 10 pre-recorded videos, the pre-recorded videos will be followed by a quiz to reinforce students understanding of traumatic brain injuries.. Purchase of the course grants you 4 months access to all the 10 recorded videos.