Despite how health systems are good and efficient, medical errors still the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.
Responsibility of preventing and management of these errors is relay on each individual at the health system, knowing causes and management methods of those errors are the key beyond guarantee patient safety.
Join us in this pre-recorded course to explore approaches to prevent medical errors.
To be accredited:
- You have to watch all the course recordings.
- You must score at least 70% in the short quiz at the end of the course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between valiant medical error terminology.
- Identify the most important causes of medical errors.
- Become aware of your responsibilities for reporting medical errors.
- Learn management methods for medical errors.
- familiarized of patient and health professional rights
- Learn the legal process for medical errors complains, investigations and trials
Pre-recorded course of short lectures, each lecture will be about 10 -15 minutes.
This course consists of 2 parts:
1- The first part will discuss the following topics:
2. Medical errors terminology
3. Types of medical errors
4. Causes of medical errors
6. Prevention of medical errors and risk management
7. Case study
2- The second part will discuss the following topics:
1. Patients' rights
2. What should a patient do when a medical error occurred?
3. When health professionals should be liable for a medical error?
4. The legal process for medical errors complains, investigations and trials.
6. Health professionals' rights and duties
7. What should health professionals know about heal laws?