In healthcare, much of any manager’s time is spent critically examining issues, solving problems, and making decisions. The quality of the decision that leader–managers make is one of the most important determinant of success in their role. Also, healthcare providers are faced with decision-making situations in most of their clinical and non-clinical encounters. Each decision they make requires critical thinking and impacts patient outcomes and the quality being delivered.
This course explores the fundamentals for effective and critical thinking and decision making in healthcare. It includes an introduction to established tools, techniques, and strategies to enhance learning these essentials skills and then translate them successfully in the practice setting for tangible success.
By the end of the session, learners will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of critical thinking skills in the provision of safe and quality care.
2. Describe elements of critical thinking and the cognitive skills necessary to think critically.
3. Examine how leaders and managers in healthcare can foster critical thinking among staff members.
4. Discuss most commonly use decision making tools.
5. Describe the benefits of shared decision making.
6. Explain the importance of evidence informed decision making in today's healthcare leadership
Different Price By Specialty