In today's fast-paced world, effective patient education and communication have become crucial elements in enhancing health outcomes. This course will delve into the vital role that patient education plays in improving medication adherence and overall well-being. Get ready to explore the strategies, tools, and best practices that will empower you to make a significant difference in patient care.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Identify the importance of patient education in medication adherence and health outcomes
2. Discuss best practices for educating patients about their medications, treatment plans, and necessary lifestyle adjustments.
3. Implement patient-centered care strategies to foster effective communication and engagement.
4. Recognize specific tools and strategies to improve your communications with different patients depending on their level of health literacy
5. Discuss the impact of enhanced patient education on clinical outcomes.
The following methods will be used to deliver the course and engage participants and evaluate learning:
• Power point presentation
• Mental simulation by case study / video vignettes
• Tool kits
• Practice insights
• Polls questions
This course will walk you through the process of educating patients using the most up-to-date, best-evidence patient education strategies. It will include developing the learner's competencies in the following skills and topics: teach-back techniques and return demonstrations; how to create patient education materials; and how to assess for health literacy levels and learning moments during the patient's hospital stay, particularly when treatment plan adherence and polypharmacy are vital. Additional topics will be covered, including multidisciplinary collaboration for developing a comprehensive patient education plan and suggested techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of patient education to support a patient-centered approach.
Different Price By Specialty