Unlock the intricacies of managing diabetes during Ramadan with our specialized course. Tailored for clinicians seeking to enhance their expertise in diabetes care, this course explores the physiological nuances of fasting and its effects on individuals with diabetes. Delve into the medico-religious perspective, emphasizing pre-Ramadan assessment, education, and the implementation of the Ramadan Nutrition Plan (RNP). Gain valuable insights into dosing and regulating anti-diabetic drugs, preventing complications, and managing diverse diabetic populations during this sacred period. Elevate your proficiency and provide optimal care to diabetic patients during Ramadan. Enroll now for a transformative learning experience!
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the physiological changes occurring during Ramadan fasting and their impact on the physical and mental well-being of individuals with diabetes.
- Discuss the medico-religious perspective of diabetes in relation to the observance of Ramadan.
- Recognize the importance of pre-Ramadan assessment and education, including the implementation of the Ramadan Nutrition Plan (RNP), to enhance the well-being of patients with diabetes during fasting.
- Summarize various insulins and oral hypoglycemic medications throughout the Ramadan period.
- Recognize and manage risks associated with hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia during fasting hours.
- Outline the tailored management approaches for diabetes in diverse populations, including elderly individuals, pregnant women, and those with chronic or acute complications.